Monday 30 July 2012

Day 15 - Half Way!!!!



I woke up quite tired this morning and think I hit snooze at least 3 times before I finally dragged myself out of bed. I grabbed 2 of the mini quiches I made yesterday for breaky and a banana. One thing I've noticed since starting whole 30 is I'm drinking a lot less coffee than I did before, probably because I really don't enjoy black coffee that much.

Was a real struggle physically most of the day, just felt really flat and had no energy. For morning tea I had some carrot sticks and mixed nuts. Lunch was suppose to be a turkey salad with mixed salad greens, diced red capsicum, sliced kalamata olives, roast turkey breast, half an avo and a little dressing. But without even thinking, I opened, drained and proceeded to put a tin of tuna on top, what the...? Anyway, it actually didn't taste that bad, thank goodness. I also had a small pink lady apple and a bottle of sparkling mineral water. 

For my afternoon/pre-workout snack I had some mixed nuts, a boiled egg, some turkey and almond covered date roll, which perked me up a bit ready for training.  Today's WOD was "Death by thruster ladder" followed by 2 mins of max thrusters 15kg. In the thruster ladder I did 25kg and got to level 9 and for the max thrusters in 2 mins I got 31.  Was a great class today, I am thankful everyday that I found CrossFit Roar, it has really changed my life for the better, such an awesome group of people :)

Post workout I was a bit slack today and just had a coconut water.  For dinner I cooked up some meatballs with zucchini noodles and some pre dinner snacks for Hannah, Nick and I. Tasted pretty good, will definitely make that one again.



Meatballs and Zucchini Noodles:

Meatballs:
500g grass fed minced beef
1/4 cup of almond meal
2 garlic cloves crushed
1/2 tsp of paprika
1 tsp of rosemary
1 tsp of oregano
1 egg
Salt and Pepper


Place all the ingredients in a large bowl and mix together.  Roll the mix into approx 1 1/2 - 2 inch balls and place on a baking tray lined with baking paper or foil.  Bake in the oven at 160 degrees for 20 mins.  While the meatballs are cooking I made up the sauce.

Sauce:

1/2 red onion diced
1 tin of crushed tomatoes
1 tin of tomato puree
1 clove of garlic crushed
1 tin of hot water
1 tsp basil
1 tsp Italian herbs
salt and pepper

Add a little coconut oil to a hot fry pan and cook the onion and garlic for a few minutes.  As soon as you see the onion starting to colour add the other ingredients except for the hot water.  Stir the sauce well and add 1/2 of the hot water.  Once the meatballs are done in the oven, place them into the sauce and coat well.  Turn down the heat and simmer for at least half an hour, the longer the better.  As the sauce starts to dry out add another 1/2 tin of hot water and continue to simmer on a very low heat.  Depending on how long you leave them for you may need a little more water, but just keep an eye on the mix.  Using a veggie twister or peeler, make up zucchini noodles using 2 smallish zucchini's.  Place in a microwave safe container with a little water and cook on high for 1 minute.  Drain off the water and divide the noodles between 2 or 3 bowls.  Top with the meatballs and sauce. Enjoy! 



No comments:

Post a Comment