Wednesday 25 July 2012

Day 10 - Finding Balance

Early start today to make sure I had time to make a good breaky before leaving for work at 6:30am. Today I cooked up some nitrate free bacon in a tiny bit of coconut oil. You'll notice the colour is different to your run of the mill bacon in supermarkets, that's because it doesn't have all the additives. Which does make it more expensive, but it tastes great! The bacon was accompanied by two eggs cooked in the bacon fat left in the pan, some sliced grape tomatoes and 1/2 an avo.



It makes such a difference having a decent breakfast! Keeps the body well fuelled and satisfied for much longer. For morning tea I had a banana, some nuts and a green tea.



Finally got around to booking into the physio and got an appointment on Friday arvo :) fingers crossed Gav can help with some of these niggles I've been trying to ignore in the hope one day I'd wake up and they'd magically be gone lol.

For lunch today I had a bit of this and a bit of that! Love my Tupperware and this container with its little compartments was money well spent. I put in some carrot sticks and grape tomatoes, what I had left of the apple, beetroot, coriander and ginger salad with a squeeze of lemon. A few slices of roast turkey breast, some strawberries and blueberries. This was all washed down with a coconut water and a green tea.



After work/pre training snack was some turkey and an apple bomb. Today's WOD was 3 rounds for time of 10 cleans and 15 burpees. Initially I had wanted to try 30kg for the cleans, but my legs had other ideas! Ended up going with 25kg. Cut off was 10 mins and I got 2 rounds + 7 burpees... After the cool down, coach B (Brian) had a chat with me, and everything he said really made sense after reading the article on over training earlier in the day. I felt like I hadn't been getting the most out of my training sessions and had just been putting it down to the change in diet, which in part was one of the problems. But I hadn't been listening to my body and allowing adequate time for recovery, which is where the gains are achieved.  I just wanted to keep pushing like a mad person and eventually was going to fall in a screaming heap!  Post workout meal was some roast sweet potato and a boiled egg.  I headed to the supermarket on the way home and came across a different brand of nut butter, this one is much nicer than the one I have brought previously and def nicer than the one I made myself.  I also grabbed something to try from the baby food section lol.  Thought they may be handy to carry for snacks on the go if I get caught out :)

Tastes awesome with carrot sticks or sliced apple!



Dinner tonight was Thai green chicken curry with cauliflower "rice"  I used the Thai Gourmet green curry paste as this one doesn't have and added crap or preservatives.  Following the instructions on the jar, I added 2 table spoons of the past to a hot wok and stirred for about 1 min until fragrant.  I then added 500g of diced chicken breast, but you could sub this for fish or beef depending on your preference.  Continue to stir until the meat is almost cooked through and add 200g of your choice of chopped veggies.  I used broccoli, red capsicum and eggplant. Add 1 cup of coconut milk, bring to the boil and simmer for about 20mins until the veggies are cooked.  For the cauliflower rice I just took 2-3 cups of cauliflower roughly chopped and threw it in the food processor and whizzed it until it had a rice like appearance.  I then put it into a microwave safe bowl with about 4 table spoon of water and cooked in the microwave on high for 2mins, stirring about every 30 seconds. Using these amounts you probably get 2 large serves or 3 medium sized serves.    

No comments:

Post a Comment