Wednesday 18 July 2012

Day 3 - going strong :)

5:30 wake up this morning to get a WOD in before Nick (one of my fellow Whole30 participants) had to start work.  I ate a banana on the way to have something, rather than try and exercise on an empty stomach or eat too much and make me feel sick half way through.  We did 5 rounds for time of 10 hang power cleans, 10 front squats and 50 Du's, I used 25kg and scaled Du's to 20 each round.  Called into elixir on the way home, no suprise there lol, then put together a breakfast "pizza"  2 large round slices of ham off the bone, baby spinach, a sliced roma tomato and 1/2 an avo topped with 2 lightly scrambled eggs.


Lunch today was zucchini "pasta" with bolognaise sauce.  I used my new little gadget called a veggie twister that I picked up on the weekend from the Mamoth Kitchen stand at the crossfit comp in Morningside.  It will pay for itself before the week is over! The bolognaise sauce I used was one I had made a while ago and had in the freezer.  It was made up of turkey mince, crushed tomatoes, organic tomato paste, grated carrot and zucchini, chopped red capsicum, onion, crushed garlic and some mushies along with a mix of spices.  I usually simmer the mix for about 30 mins or so.  I will be making another batch over the next few days and will write a propper recipe for it :) this was followed by some chopped strawberries and blueberries topped with passionfruit pulp.


Before the arvo WOD I had a few slices of roast turkey and some nuts.  Today's workout was Annie, so was thanking my lucky stars I had scaled the DU in the morning.  Today it seemed to flow a little more smothly, was about 45 seconds off my best time and a good 4 mins better than Monday's effort!  Post workout meal was 2 boiled eggs and roast sweet potato.  On the way home I stopped off to grab some more turkey breast and also picked up a butterfly pork steak for dinner.  I bought a griddle pan today and was itching to cristen it.   I also threw in some asparagus spears when the steak was half cooked.  To go with these I made a salad of baby spinach, red capsicum, roma tomato, kalamata olives, avo and sliced mushroom.



Starting dreaded nightshift tonight so put together a snack box of roast turkey  breast, carrot sticks, strawberries, some sliced up coconut/date and almond/date roll, some almonds, cashews and cranberries and a small serve of the pumpkin, sweet potato and carrot soup (see day 1 for recipe) along with some green tea and lemon tea bags.  All this should keep me going for the 10 hour shift and away from the evil vending machines at 2am!



To those of you who aren't lucky enough to be working a nightshift, goodnight :)


3 comments:

  1. I'm loving your blog. The food looks yummy.
    but
    I don't understand the Crossfit lingo/abbreviations, I'm sure there is a site to explain them, I'll Google it. :-)

    Good luck keeping on track while on night duty.

    ps: I want a veggie twister gadget for Christmas, just saying. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Although your blogs is very simple and straight forward I also am enjoying it!

    Video on the language of crossfit:

    http://games.crossfit.com/video/crossfit-translation-bob-harper

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Harley. :-) Everyone should see this, what a hoot.

      Delete