Monday 13 August 2012

Day 29


Woke up feeling like I was swallowing razor blades this morning, not cool! :( but after a nice hot coffee felt a little better. For breaky I made a mushroom, red capsicum and avo omelet using 4 sliced mushrooms, 1/2 a red capsicum diced, 1/2 an avo also diced and 3 lightly beaten eggs. I cooked the mushrooms and capsicum in a little coconut oil then added the eggs. Just before I folded it in half I added the diced avo. I also had a coffee with coconut milk.


For a mid morning snack I had some sliced ham and a carrot. Getting lazy and don't even bother to cut them up now, just wash and eat lol.

Went and met up with Han for lunch, had to adjust the order to keep to whole30, but the waitress was fine with it. I ended up having a salad of mixed salad leaves, roast pumpkin and sweet potato, sundried tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, red onion and avo with some sliced lemon for dressing, a black coffee and a sparkling water with lemon. Also had some sliced turkey when I got home.
Mid arvo/pre workout I had a boiled egg, some grape tomatoes and a coffee with coconut milk. Today's WOD was 15-12-9 of power snatch and wall climbs. I scaled the weight to 20kg and started on 1/2 wall climbs, but knew I wouldn't finish before cut off and changed to hand release push ups with shoulder taps. In hindsight, probably could have gone a little heavier on the bar, as I finished in 8:32. Post workout I had some roast sweet potato and turkey.

When I got home I made a red chicken curry with coconut cauliflower rice for dinner.

Red Chicken Curry:

I found this brand curry paste at Woolies and it doesn't have any preservatives or sugar.  I did change the instructions slightly though
.

300g chicken thighs cubed
1/2 a medium eggplant cut into 1/2cm cubes
About 1 & 1/2 cups of broccoli cut into small pieces
A decent sized handful of snow peas with the stringy bits pulled off
I had 1/2 a red capsicum in the fridge so diced that up and threw it in (if I had a whole one would have used it all)
Coconut oil
1 400ml can of coconut milk

Heat up a wok and add a little coconut oil.  Place the curry paste in the wok and stir until fragrant.  Add the chicken pieces and mix them with the paste well.  allow the chicken to cook for about 5 mins stirring frequently.  Pour in the coconut milk and stir to incorporate the curry sauce.  Add the veggies and bring to a simmer. Allow the mix to simmer stirring every couple of minutes until all the veggies are cooked.  While this is happening you can make the coconut "rice"

Coconut cauliflower rice: Serves 2

Whizz up 1/2 a small head of cauliflower in the food processor to a rice like consistency. Place into a microwave safe container and mix in 1/2 cup of coconut milk. Heat for 2 mins on high, stirring every 30 seconds.


After dinner I had a cup of green tea. 

Last day tomorrow..... 







No comments:

Post a Comment