Wednesday 1 August 2012

Day 17


Running sooooo late this morning! Didn't get to sleep till close to midnight after army, so ended up having 2 mini quiche's while driving to work lol.

For morning tea I had some mixed nuts, a pear and a green tea. Lunch today was some shepherds pie, carrot sticks, a few strawberries and a coconut water. 3:30 could not come quick enough, looking forward to days off.

After work headed straight to the physio for my follow up appt. More pain, but it's working! Still no running till next week, but hopefully i'll get the all clear. It's funny how when you're told you can't do something, that's all you want to do.... I went to the later class at roar tonight so I could back it up with the olympic lifting class. The WOD was a series of 2 min amraps with 2 mins rest between each. There was muscle ups, or for people like me who can't do them yet, 3 pull ups & 3 push ups = 1 muscle up, wall balls, box jumps, kb swings and overhead plate lunges. Really cool workout! We then rolled into the first Olympic lifting class held at roar, so good to be able to really concentrate on our technique and get the movements right, which will then be reflected in increases in the weight we can lift :)

It was after 8 when I got home, but really wanted to cook up one of the organic sirloin steaks they guys picked up for me at the super butcher today! So much meat, 20 organic sirloin steaks, 4 huge organic chicken breasts, and a 1kg tray of wagyu topside diced. The steak was one of the best I've had in ages! I just seasoned it with a little salt and pepper on each side and cooked it in the griddle pan with coconut oil for about 2-3 mins on each side. I steamed some cauliflower and roasted up a small zucchini, purple carrot and an orange carrot drizzled with some basil infused olive oil in the oven for about 20 mins (add the zucchini at about half way). After dinner I had a few carrot sticks with some ABC (almond, brazil nit, cashew) spread.


Sleep in tomorrow, hell yeah! Night all :)


No comments:

Post a Comment