Friday 3 August 2012

Day 19


Another sleep in this morning, yay! Got up at about 8:30 and headed straight for the kitchen to make some breaky. Some people say they find it hard to eat straight after waking up, but I'm certainly not like that, I usually wake up hungry lol. Today I made a breakfast stack with some grilled eggplant, bacon, red capsicum and eggs layered on a plate. To this I added some halved grape tomatoes, a mushroom quartered and fried in a little coconut oil and half an avo. I also had a green tea with pear and passion fruit.  For a morning snack I had some carrot sticks with ABC spread.

Lunch today was a grilled chicken salad with balsamic dressing.  I used 1 small chicken breast cut into strips and grilled in a little coconut oil. In a bowl I placed a large handful of baby spinach leaves, about 4 grape tomatoes halved, 1/3 red capsicum diced, 6 kalamata olives halved and 1/2 an avo. I topped all this with the grilled chicken torn up and about 2 tablespoons if the balsamic dressing I used yesterday (1 part balsamic to 1 part olive oil) .

This afternoon I decided to make another slice that I saw on fast paleo to take to crossfit. I think I'm what may be referred to as a "feeder" I really like making things for other people lol.  This one is called Raw choconut bites and literally took 5 mins to make!

Raw Choconut Bites:
1 1/2 cups of almond meal
2 cups of coconut flakes
3 cups of pitted dates
1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
1/4 cup of melted coconut oil
2 tablespoons of coffee (or water if you don't like coffee. I found 1 nespresso pod was the perfect amount)
1/4 cup of organic cocoa powder

Place all ingredients in a food processor and pulse about 15-20 times then run for 20 seconds until all ingredients are combined and there are no big chunks.  Line a small slice tray with baking paper and pour the mix in. Press down firmly into an even thickness and place in the freezer for approx 20 mins to firm up a little. Remove from the tray and slice into squares :)

I also made mayo for the first time today, it was so easy!

PALEO MAYO


Cooking Time: 15Min Prep

Serves: 4

Ingredients and Cooking Steps
  • Mustard
  • Lemon Juice
  • Apple Cider Vinegar
  • Omega 3 or Free Range Eggs
  • Olive Oil

1 tsp Mustard (basic yellow)
1 Tbsp Lemon Juice (can use Lime for a change)
1 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
2 Omega 3 or Free Range Eggs (they emulsify better at room temp although it can be done cold)
Combine all in blender and whip until well combined
1 cup Light Tasting Olive Oil
With blender on high drizzle in olive oil using one tbsp at a time. For a while it will seem like nothing is happening and just about past the 1/2 way point in adding your oil you’ll hear a change in the blender sound and instead of a sloppy liquid it will thicken a bit. Keep adding the remaining oily slowly although you can pour at this point instead of a tbsp drizzling in at a time. Add 3-4 grinds each of your favorite Epicure salt and pepper and then stick your spoon in and sigh a happy sigh!
Keeps in the fridge easily up to 1 week.


Today's workout was awesome! 5 push jerks on the minute every minute for 10 mins. Once the jerks are completed do max double unders for the remainder if the 60 seconds and score after the 10 mins is the number of all the double unders. I used 25kg for the jerks and got a score of 214.

I have seen some interesting articles recently popping up on Facebook about pre and post workout meals and realised I may not have been on the right track with having so much protein pre workout. Today I just had a small banana pre and a mini quiche and some roast sweet potato post. Oh and a few sneaky pieces of slice lol. I'll continue to read about this topic.

For dinner I grilled an organic sirloin steak and made some sweet potato, egg and bacon salad.

Sweet potato, egg and bacon salad: Serves 1-2
1/2 sweet potato cubed and steamed
2 boiled eggs quartered
1/4 of a red onion diced
2 tablespoons of paleo mayo
2 slices of nitrate free bacon grilled and sliced into small pieces

Mix all ingredients together and serve, too easy!

I'm heading away with the reserves in the morning and don't get back until late Sunday arvo so before heading to bed I prepped all my food, as everything in ration packs is full of preservatives, sugar and heaps of other things that are definitely not whole30! Luckily, being a medic I have the luxury of a vehicle and being able to take an esky :)

No comments:

Post a Comment