Saturday 11 August 2012

Day 27 - The finish line is in sight :)



Ahhh Saturday! A hero WOD, breaky at elixir with the awesome crew from Roar, a new hair do, a dinner I didn't have to cook, then catching up with the roar crew again at the Newy. Pretty sweet day all round :)

This mornings workout was "Forrest" Rx is 20 L pull ups, 30 toes to bar, 40 burpees and an 800m run x 3. I scaled to 20 band pull ups and 20 leg raises, 30 sit ups, 20 burpees and 800m run x 3. Cut off was 40 mins and I made it in 36:20.
For breaky I had 2 poached eggs, avo, mushrooms, and tomato with 2 half strength long black coffees.


After breaky I headed home to shower then off to the hairdresser.  Always nice to tune out with a gossip mag for a few hours and the scalp massage at the end is one of the best part lol. Because I was at the hairdressers over "lunch time" and by the time I got home wasn't that hungry, I just snacked on some roast turkey, grape tomatoes and carrot sticks. 

Dinner was a BBQ'd grass fed sirloin steak and mushrooms with carrots, broccolini and some sweet potato chips, not pictured as they were still cooking, so ended up being an after dinner snack :)


After dinner headed to the Newy for Rachelle's B'day drinks. I say it a lot and to anyone who will listen, but I love our awesome crew.  Such a great bunch and always look forward to training and catching up with them :)  Tonight I was on the soda waters again and did have some lemon in it for taste even though I'm trying not to have fruit till the end, I needed a little flavour in it.  Although lemons do contain fructose, the level is quite low compared to other fruits.  And I wouldn't eat slices of it, except maybe with a little tequila and salt lol. 

When I got home I was a bit hungry and should have just gone to bed, but instead had a small piece of frittata heated up in the microwave. At least it wasn't some sugary rubbish I guess!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment