Sunday 5 August 2012

Day 21



3 degrees overnight and even being tucked up in a swag didn't stop my feet from being like ice blocks when I had to get up at 5:45am! After packing up all my gear I made a nice warm cup of tea and had a mish mash of what food I had left in the esky for breaky/morning tea. A small apple, a couple of sliced of turkey breast, some carrot sticks, a small banana, a tin of salmon in spring water, and an organic apple, banana and blueberry purée sachet.

We started packing the trucks and then headed down to watch the troops perform their final assault. Once we were knocked off I headed home and had some nuts and a couple of small pieces of slice.

For lunch I had a craving for eggs, so threw some diced red onion, bacon and red capsicum in a pan with a little coconut oil. Once they were cooked I poured in lightly beaten eggs (2 whole eggs and 1 egg white). When the omelet was almost ready I topped it with some baby spinach leaves and flipped one half over, done! Omelets are so quick and easy, great if you're in a hurry or can't be bothered going to too much trouble :)

For dinner I decided to attempt something I saw on My Food Religion the other day, Grainless Sushi! http://myfoodreligion.com/2012/08/01/grainless-sushi/  You can put anything you like in them, I just used what I had on hand.  I put in some avo, red capsicum, carrot, tuna and mayo


Rolling skills need some work, but tasted great. Once Mammoth Kitchen starts stocking Coconut Amino's I'll be set!

I've decided for my last week of the whole30 I'd like to reign it in a little more and will be restricting nuts and fruit. I seem to have a little cashew, brazil nut and almond addiction and have also been having a bit too much fruit, purely for its convenience. So a week without them definitely won't kill me.!

I'll be trying this tomorrow!




It's time for some much needed sleep, night all :)




No comments:

Post a Comment